Friday, August 3, 2012

Luscious Lucius Skin



This is my cat, Lucius. She was originally named after a character in "The Savage Detectives" called Luscious Skin. I read that book years ago now, which seems strange. BolaƱo is one of my all time favorite authors, I tend to love South American and Mexican writers, I love the honesty of their writing and the magical realism.

When I was reading the book, I remember thinking the character's name was Lucius Skin and that he only went by Luscious as a play on words, which is how she got her name Luscious Lucius Skin. Aka: Lucius. Needless to say, I was wrong, but I still think her name is perfect.

Anyway, a few months ago, I was doing a photo shoot with my sketchbooks. I took a quick break--probably to go to the restroom, or something--came back and Lucius had made a bed of my sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment