Monday, October 1, 2012

Odds and Ends

My grandmother and I are very fond of succulents. She told me she's always dreamed of having a garden of all natural desert plants.

Add caption

If you look at the middle bird feeder, you can see one of the many hummingbirds that live on my grandparents' property.

My Grandparents rent their back pastures to the neighbors for their horses.


We can't help feeding them.

Oh man, I love the faces horses make.
Hah! Such a great expression.



This is Mxyzptlk or Mxys. The beautiful 1974 bug that my dad drove and fought with for many year. I loved that car. Now it sits in my grandparents' back yard.

I just love the little paw prints.

My dad gave me a rose from his rosebush, so I put it in my hair.

My dad has had a handlebar mustache all my life. He's a pretty cool dude.

I thought about bringing home some of those antlers, but they were disintegrating from sitting outside in the desert sun for years.


Somewhere among the slate are some fossils. I couldn't find them this trip.





Old wagon wheels.





I always wondered why that horse's neck was painted red.

This used to be the hobbit hole where my brothers and I and our father before us used to play.

Someday this will be the sidecar on my grandpa's motorcycle.


My Grandparents and I have not always gotten along, I was a pretty rebellious kid and my "youthful ideals" did not disappear after my teen years. I grew up and became a bigger version of the obsessive, dark minded, bisexual weirdo I always was. All things my grandparents are not fond of.

But, one thing we've always had in common is the ability to see beauty and value in the most common and asinine objects. Their home is an incredible reflection of my family's eclectic personalities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment