Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Brussel Sprout & Parmesan Casserole Recipe

I removed the casserole a couple times to mix the ingredients.

The delicious finished product!

I was in the mood for a casserole and brussel sprouts the other day and thought, "Why not combine the two?" So I did. I never use recipes, so I never really know how much ingredients I use, so I'm going to make my best estimations.

Ingredients
1 pound large burssel sprouts cut lengthwise
4-5 slices of bacon, diced
1.5 cups portobello mushrooms, sliced
3 tbs cajun seasoning
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups chicken stock

Preparation
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2) Saute the bacon, peppers and mushrooms until the bacon is lightly browned. Bring the chicken stock to boil. Strain the bacon, peppers and mushrooms over the chicken stock, mix the bacon grease into the chicken stock.

3) Place the brussel sprouts, cut lengthwise, into a shallow baking dish with cajun seasoning, bacon, peppers, mushrooms and cheese. Pour the chicken stock/bacon grease into the pan.

4) Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the brussel sprouts are soft.

5) (Optional!) I removed the pan a couple times to mix the ingredients together, but my baking dish is deeper than usual--if using a shallow baking dish, this step can be avoided entirely.

This dish can easily be made vegetarian with vegetable, instead of chicken stock and no or imitation bacon.

Enjoy!
--frinci

No comments:

Post a Comment