Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Many Misspellings of Me #1

Thing is, I don't think I've ever pronounced my name like this. I'm assuming it'd sound something like "Frensee" if said aloud.

This is the most common misspelling but I accept it, cuz at least it's my name.

I'm not really sure where "Frengi" comes from, but I've gotten it more than once.
So. I go to Starbucks. Pretty often.

 I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I do love a good cup of tea and happen to really enjoy Starbucks' "brew." One of my favorite parts of my daily (sometimes twice-daily) cup of tea is the rather creative spellings of my name. I've gotten everything from Frankie to Reggie and Reggie has shown up more than once--that one's usually pretty surprising.

The most recent repeat offender is 'Frengi.' Which, by the way, is Turkish for syphilis. I looked it up. I'm pretty sure neither of the baristas who've written this on my cup are Turkish. But, seriously? Not cool. Although it is a rather aesthetically pleasing word. Too bad it means something so terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment