Thursday, May 10, 2012

Apothicary Bottles



I remember the first time I tried Anchovies. My dad and brothers ordered a pizza with the little fellas as a topping (or perhaps they had the anchovies in the pantry?) and I did not want them anywhere near my mouth. I was less adventurous back then. I did try them, though. I expected them to be slimy and ultra fishy/gamey, but I was surprised by their saltiness, they did have a sea-like flavour, but it was more grainy than fishy. And I discovered I liked them. I discovered I liked a lot of things after that year.

I found these beautiful jars in our local Organic Market (which is surprisingly a lot cheaper than our normal grocery store). I did not buy them, but I assume these particular fellas are, in fact, slimy. I just thought they were so lovely and I love that the fillets look kinda like eyeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment