Thursday, May 24, 2012

Super Quick and Tastey

I got the idea for this meal from A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain while he was in San Sebastian, Spain.

"A few moments later, I had a pungent mound of searingly hot sauteed wild mushrooms in front of me, crispy, golden brown, black and yellow, with a single raw egg yolk slowly losing its shape in the center."
--Anthony Bourdain, A Cook's Tour.


I used portobello, shitake and white mushrooms, but you can use any kind you prefer.

Chop up the mushrooms, however thin or thick you prefer.
I usually prefer mine thickly cut, that means more flavor and I'm a big fan of flavor.
Saute the mushrooms in olive oil (or butter, whatever you prefer) until golden. I went simple with the spices; salt, pepper, and "Grill Mate's" Montreal Chicken Seasoning.
 
A little bit of kale never hurts.

For a small side, I baked some tiny brussel sprouts with Cajun and Creole seasoning at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
I also made some acini de pepe in chicken stock. You can use couscous if you'd like, I just didn't have any on hand.

Finally, the moment the mushrooms hit the plate, add the egg yoke.


My mushrooms were not searingly hot as Anthony Bourdain's were, but honestly, it made no difference. The combination of flavours was perfect. 
 This is also a super easy meal to make and takes less than thirty minutes to make. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment