Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things













I've mentioned before that I have a tendency towards obsession. One of my consistent obsessions is my love of the world, but being that I'm a twenty-something college student (and will be in school probably until my mid-thirties), I can't afford to travel. Instead, when I study a new culture or region, I buy jewelry from that area. Thankfully, New York has an endlessly diverse populous.

Some of my international pieces include hand strung necklaces on cord from Nigeria, a couple necklaces made of buffalo bone from India, a Celtic stag and raven skull, Himalayan rings, Indonesian earrings, Native American earrings, Tibetan bracelets... and so on. I also inherited some jewelery from my Great Grandmothers like Israeli prayer beads and Native American turquoise/silver necklaces.

Of course, my jewelry does not exclusively reflect my fascination with culture and the world, they are also a general representation of my various interests. Like insects, anatomy and various references to books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment