Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nancy's Pig Heaven

Beautiful cuts of perfectly cooked meat hanging in the kitchen window.


I just wanted to eat it all.
How I felt looking at the beautiful duck. Yum.

I wish we could afford the duck.


The tiny kitchen with a huge cutting board, marinated in juices from countless pieces of meat.
Cumumber and bok choy seasoned like kimchi.

Spicy Pork.

Lo mein with bean curd.
Nick, our dear friend Tessa and I went to a place called Nancy's Pig Heaven on the Upper East Side last night. The entrance to the restaurant had a quaint little country deck and, as we walked in, a very sweet, older Asian woman (who we later found out was Nancy, herself) greeted us. The restaurant was decorated in a funny mix of modern minimalism and old time country.

On the way to our seats, we passed a table filled with pig figurines and statues that reminded me of my Grandmother's house. I wish I had thought to get a picture. Past the pig table was a room decorated with large, modern, turquoise coloured lamps and past that was our seat in a paneled room painted pink with pigs all along the walls. I felt like I was back in Southern California.

Across form us was the kitchen where beautiful pieces of meat hung, waiting to be consumed.

We were not particularly adventurous on this trip. We ordered spicy pork and lo mein with bean curd. My favorite part was the appetizer which was cucumber seasoned (possibly fermented) with spices similar to those used on kimchi.

Here's their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment