Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Loved too Much


Mexican food is, of course, my all time favorite, so you can guess how excited I was to find tamales at Whole Foods. I was even more excited, yesterday, when I decided to have them for lunch. Even now, despite how I would spend that night, my mouth waters looking at them. Delicately, I removed and threw away the corn husk and immediately began eating. The tamales were a little hard from spending the night in the fridge, but the hot sauce and beans were still delicious. I devoured them.

My euphoria, however, was very short lived. Sitting, watching TV in our room, I began to feel queezy. I assumed my vitamins were disagreeing with me and decided to lie down. But the upset in my stomach became unruly and realized I was going to throw up. In moments I was violently ill.

I've only ever had food poisoning once before (also, coincidentally from Mexican food) and could not believe how quickly and forcefully my body rejected the meal. Suuuch a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment