Saturday, May 26, 2012

Combining Colors

 
I love my turkey feathers. 

I've never understood the rule against wearing black and brown together. The two colors occur together naturally and beautifully all throughout the wild, so why deny ourselves the privilege of combining them--why limit our wardrobes? 

Really, one can wear any combination of colors (within reason), the key is wearing accessories that tie everything together. When I wear black and brown together (as I often do--I do what I want!), I wear my buffalo bone necklace from India whose colors fade from black to brown to white and my bracelets from India and Tibet that match it (all pictured above, though you can't really see the necklace). I'll usually throw in some feathers as an accent piece too, but that's just my thing.

So don't limit yourself, just be creative. Clothing is the most immediate form of expression, use it to make a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment